Welcome to MAC Physical Therapy
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free! To make an appointment convenient to you, simply call us today 703.430.2371. Our practice is dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a personalized treatment program to help you meet your goals, allowing you to return to your normal activities pain-free.
At MAC Physical Therapy, we want to maximize your time with us. Prior to your first visit, please follow the link below to download and print paperwork. Bring it with you to your first visit along with your insurance information and photo ID.
Before Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your first appointment with completed new patient paperwork.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- You will be taken into the treatment area for a thorough evaluation. This will start with a review of the forms you filled out and a conversation with the therapist into the history of the problem you are at physical therapy to address. Then we will proceed through an objective examination of the range of motion, strength, flexibility, mobility and stability. lastly we will use all the information given to provide you with a reason that you are having the pain you are having and a proposed treatment plan to resolve the issue. If this were a post surgical case we follow the protocol provided by the physician.
- You will be educated on many different aspects of your injury and recovery such as a home exercise program, anatomy, activity restriction, ergonomics, posture, etc. The education is provided so that each patient has a better understanding of why they are having pain and how the treatment plan will reduce that pain and improve your function and mobility.
- With an evaluation you may be sore afterward as we will make you move in ways you may of been avoiding due to pain. In order to treat the problem we need to know where it is coming from and reproducing the pain is the best way to do that. However the treatment provided should not increase the pain you are feeling as therapy does not always need to be painful. If you are feeling sore or an increase in pain at the end of the session we will try to reduce that feeling prior to you leaving the clinic.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
We gladly accept most insurance plans. Please contact us at our Sterling, VA center to verify your insurance information, as we are always adding new insurance plans.
As a courtesy to our patients, we will verify your health benefits prior to your initial visit to determine if there will be a copay, deductible, or coinsurance for therapy services. For those patients who do not have health insurance, or for those who have maxed out their benefits, ask us about our cash price for services. Please contact us today for more information on our fees for service and payment details.