Have you ever had sore feet? As we age, changes in the shape of our feet, the support of our ligaments in the feet, and previous injuries, can cause strain and pain. This is where a custom orthotic is a good idea to provide the needed support for your feet.
Orthotic inserts allow the feet and lower legs to function at their highest potential. Orthotics can decrease pain, alleviate pressure, and increase stability in an unstable joint. In addition, orthotics is used to treat specific pathologies such as diabetes, plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, heel spurs, and arthritis. Our techniques ensure that our orthotics fit the contours of your feet allowing for maximum support, comfort and function.
Although custom orthotics are more expensive than off-the-shelf devices, they last much longer and provide more support or correction.
If you suffer from the conditions below, then you can benefit from our custom orthotics and physical therapy treatments.
- Plantar fasciitis, a common painful inflammation of the sole of the foot towards the heel, most easily recognized by its tendency to cause pain first thing in the morning
- Arthritis, which often affects different joints of the foot
- Diabetes, which interferes with circulation in the feet, requiring custom shoe modifications or custom-built footwear to alleviate pressure points
- Metatarsalgia, a painful foot disorder that affects the bones and joints at the ball of the foot
- Heel spurs, a growth of dense tissue or bone growing out of the calcaneous bone on the heel. This is due to excessive pressure on this region from changes in walking
Other potentially treatable conditions include patellofemoral knee pain, shin splints, achilles tendonitis, and bunions, as well as numerous systemic pathologies that (like diabetes) affect the function of the lower limbs.
To learn more how our specialized custom orthotics may benefit you, call us today to talk with one of our expert therapists. We will have you feeling your best and light on your feet!